Yesterday, I was searching the web to find a useful list of walking bloggers based in the UK and I couldn’t find much to help apart from a couple of decent walking magazines.
So in order to help anyone else who is interested in rambling or hill walking, I thought I would create my own list. So here are my top 15 walking and rambling blogs written in the UK.
I created this list by reading and reviewing each site and have used my own personal preference. I have found that most good walking blogs focus on useful advice and tips for where and when to go. I also noticed that many contain some amazing photography that makes you want to get up from your computer and set off there and then.
Apologies if there is anyone I have missed off but please feel free to share your blog in the comments section if you think it will be of interest.
- Step by Step
- Beating the Bounds – includes lots of beautiful nature photography
- Alan Sloman’s big Walk
- Baz’s Backpacking Blog– Baz has a long and useful blogroll if you want more to read
- Northern Pies– A Yorkshireman’s take on walking
- The Wilderness World of Cameron McNeish
- A little about not a lot
- Collected musings of a hill wanderer
- Must be this Way
- Northern Walker– a walker who has escaped the South East and now blogs about Northern and Scottish walks
- Rambling On– Steve’s (a member of the Hampstead Group of the Ramblers’ Association) personal take on rambling
- The Solitary Walker– A Bob Dylan and marmite fan shares his favourite walks and images
- Wight Rambler– All about walking on the Isle of Wight
- Big Galoot