The global phenomenon that was “The Social Media Revolution” video has been upgraded into a new version by Socialnomics. The first two versions have proved rather popular, especially the version with Fat Boy Slim’s Right Here Right Now on it.
This latest version has been created for 2013 and offers some interesting quotes and statistics. These videos are always good for people that aren’t quite sure or fully understand the benefits of social media. The first video was really hard hitting, if I was going to criticise I would say it didn’t need to be quite as long as I think a video should be less than two minutes but other than that it was great.
Here is the infamous original in case you didn’t catch it all those years ago but you probably did as the clip has been seen by more than 1million people at the day of writing this post.
Here are some of the key statistics from the latest video:
- Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30-years-old
- Each day 20% of Google searches have never been searched before
- In 10 years over 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer be here
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
- 1 in 5 couples meet online; 3 in 5 gay couples meet online
- 1 in 5 divorces are blamed on Facebook
- What happens in Vegas stays on YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook…
- Ford Explorer launch on Facebook more effective than a Super Bowl Ad
- 69 per cent of parents said they are currently “friends” with their children on a social media site
- 92% of children in the US have a digital footprint/shadow
- Every second 2 new members join LinkedIn
- More members join LinkedIn per day than the entire enrolment of all the IVY League SchoolsI also shared this on the Prohibition blog the other day as this video could provide a useful back up if you speaking to an SME about business-to-business social media. I know there is some reticence as to whether it delivers sales but I think the latest statistics on that are cobblers – this is about relationships and reputation rather than direct sales from your e-commerce shop everyday. I will leave that issue for another day though.
Do you have a useful social media video worth sharing? If you do drop me a line or leave a comment and I will check it out.